10 Simple Rules for Weight Loss
When it comes to losing weight, tried and true strategies work, period. Obese adults who were given a pamphlet with 10 basic rules were motivated enough to lose 4 pounds in 8 weeks. Follow them all, and you could shave off up to 900 calories a day, study authors say- enough to lose nearly 15 pounds in the same amount of time.
10 simple rules to follow:
– Eat your meals on a regular schedule
– Choose low-fat foods
– Wear a pedometer and walk around 10,000 steps a day
– Pack healthy snacks
– Check the fat and sugar content on food labels
– Portion weisely and skip seconds (except on vegetables)
– Stand for 10 minutes every hour
– Avoid sugary drinks
– Turn off the television while you eat
– Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
It sounds simple, but small changes, if down consistently will lead to a major lifestyle changes that will benefit you and your family in the long run.