What can you do to be healthier? Our goal is to arm you with practical steps to boost the health of your whole family, fortifying yourself from the inside out. Taking these steps will positively impact your immune system AND give you that vibrant life expression- most of them are even free and readily available! Stay tuned for these weekly posts.
Nutrition is Vital to Health
It’s not new – we know that to be healthy, we need to eat well. We all know that a greasy burger and french fries aren’t good for us. But they are actually making us vulnerable to microbes, germs and viruses.
Watch this video where Dr. Ryan Dopps shares WHY nutrition matters, the 3 things you should be eating, and how chiropractic can help you absorb nutrients better!
T. Colin Campbell, Center for Nutrition Studies published a fantastic article that outlines which foods boost and weaken the immune system.
- Red bell pepper, broccoli and other foods high in Vitamin C, like
- Fruits and vegetables, loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals. A wide variety of brightly colored plant foods ensures you’ve gotten many nutrients.
- Garlic – so many benefits!
- Kombucha, kefir, and other fermented foods rich in multiple live probiotics.
- Whole grains and legumes, for a healthy gut, which is vital for your immune system.
- Fresh, minimally cooked/processed foods have the most nutrition to give your body the highest quality of fuel.
- Sugar and other processed foods that deplete your body of the nutrients your immune system needs.
- Fried foods specifically cause inflammation and lower your immune system response.
- Meat may carry pathogens, viruses, and chemicals. Choose higher quality, organic meats.
These are foods that put our body into stress or survival mode. As the body tries to adapt being stressed, subluxation happens in the spine. With everything happening emotionally in 2020, it becomes a triple threat of chemical, physical and emotional stresses.
Chiropractic is helpful in balancing the body, removing that subluxation, and allowing the gut to absorb nutrients optimally. It helps take the body out of “fight or flight” mode and back into “rest and digest.” We need our bodies to be in this healing, restorative state so we can face whatever comes at us.
We need to start eating well and getting adjusted like our health depends on it. Because it does.
At Dopps Chiropractic NE, we care about each of you so deeply, and want you to know we are here for you. Please call 316-636-5550 to make an appointment with Dr. Ryan to ensure that your nervous system is clear and functioning or message us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
T. Colin Campbell, Center for Nutrition Studies https://nutritionstudies.org/how-does-nutrition-affect-the-immune-system/