What can you do to be healthier? Our goal is to arm you with practical steps to boost the health of your whole family, fortifying yourself from the inside out. Taking these steps will positively impact your immune system AND give you that vibrant life expression- most of them are even free and readily available! Stay tuned for these weekly posts.
Supplements to Boost Health
Sometimes, after quality nutrition and exercise, our bodies still need a little support. This is where high quality supplements can be beneficial. Here’s some suggestions from Dr. Ryan, with a bit of information to get you started.
- Methylated B Vitamin – Like MethylCare® from Metagenics.
- Vitamin D – Studies show that this vitamin can help your immune system and inflammatory responses. Dr. Ryan recommends 10,000 IU.
- Zinc – An essential micronutrient, crucial in the function of cells for innate immunity. This Healthline article describes different types, suggesting that zinc picolinate may absorb the best.
- Immunoplex and Conagplex from Standard Process for turbo charging immune boosting.
- Glucosamine – Especially for joints for athletes and senior citizens.
- Vitamin C – Well known for helping support your immune system, not all Vitamin C is created equal. Supplements from the Acerola cherry are fantastic, as well as liposomal Vitamin C. As much as 500mg daily is recommended; studies show increased Vitamin C can can increase your blood antioxidant levels by as much as 30%. An easy way to get this is with Sufficient C.
- Elderberry – This natural remedy can be taken in various syrups and lozenges. Case studies have shown it to be helpful in influenza cases.
- Probiotics – Healthy gut bacteria is necessary for your immune system. Add these probiotics from fermented foods and synbiotic supplements with a high number of CFU (colony forming units.) This Smarter Reviews article compares probiotics.
- Essential oils – These concentrated botanicals have a wide range of uses, from brands like doTerra and Young Living.
As one of our practice members said, “Since I’ve been getting adjusted, I find myself wanting to eat better, exercise more, to stand instead of sit at my desk. This has allowed me to live a healthier life!” That’s what chiropractic is all about – to allow your body to put your body into a state of ease, so you have a better expression of LIFE.
Come back for our new series on THRIVING!
At Dopps Chiropractic NE, we care about each of you so deeply, and want you to know we are here for you. Please call 316-636-5550 to make an appointment with Dr. Ryan to ensure that your nervous system is clear and functioning or message us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Vitamin C – https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/acerola-cherry
- Liposomal C https://coremedscience.com/blogs/wellness/how-to-pick-the-best-liposomal-vitamin-c#:~:text=Benefits%20of%20liposomal%20vitamin%20C%20include%20increased%20bioavailability%2C%20cardiovascular%20support,oxidative%20stress%20throughout%20the%20body.
- Vitamin D – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3738984/#:~:text=In%20vitro%20data%20show%20that,in%20the%20context%20of%20autoimmunity.
- Zinc – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2277319/#:~:text=Zinc%20affects%20multiple%20aspects%20of,are%20affected%20by%20zinc%20deficiency.
- Elderberry – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15080016/
- Probiotics – https://smarter-reviews.com/lp/sr-synbiotics-ctr?tr=nK29YvZ&gclid=Cj0KCQjwo6D4BRDgARIsAA6uN1_wB7s3ohrDXuqL9NBZspszBFH75EJ96RXBHzXOJgCVfjn6ZOFaDwUaApseEALw_wcB